24 Jul COVID-19: One to one drum lessons are back!
One to one drum lessons
We’re really pleased to be able to update you with the status of lessons. Under new government guidance, music teachers are able to begin teaching one to one drum lessons in person, with careful planning to ensure the safety of students. This means that throughout the coming weeks all teachers with studio locations will start increasing their capacity for more students.
There are some revised changes specific to each teacher, so please check in with your teacher for details. But here’s a summary of some of the precautions put in place currently:
- Bring your own drum sticks as your teacher will be unable to share sticks with you. (If you’re a beginner with no sticks, let us know so we can send you a link to get some).
- Teachers are waiting outside the studios to meet you. You will not need to operate doors, buzzers or touch any surfaces.
- Hand sanitiser will usually be provided but please bring your own too if you can.
- Bring your own ear plugs and/or over-ear headphones as your teacher will be unable to loan theirs out.
- Wherever possible there there will be two drum kits set up in the room (no kit sharing). This will help maintain a safe distance (2m) between you and your teacher.
- Only one person will be allowed in the drum studio at once. Unfortunately friends and siblings will need to stay at home for now.
- If you are feeling unwell or displaying any symptoms, please do not come to the studio. Just contact your teacher to rearrange your session.
Remote drum lessons are still running!
For anyone who isn’t ready for one to one drum lessons, all remote drum lessons are still running! Remote learning is a great way of being able to continue your drum lessons in these ever-changing times. Drumming is also a great way to keep your brain active and combat some of the stress we might find ourselves in! You can even mix and match your one to one drum lessons with online lessons!
Interested in one to one drum lessons?
If you’re interested in taking one to one drum lessons please do contact us! We’ll tell you more about the process and get you paired up with a brilliant drum teacher.
As always, if you have any friends or family that might be looking to pick up a new skill, please make sure they contact us. Many teachers now have fully operational online services so we can even offer lessons outside of London. The online lessons have had truly great feedback – do check out the Testimonials for more on this!
And finally, thank you!
To all current students, our teachers want to thank you so much for your continued support. We know the situation is far from over and there’s been an overwhelming amount of encouragement and commitment from you during this period. For all teachers their music is their livelihood. So the continuation of your drum lessons is really important in helping to support them.
Finally, please stay safe. We can’t wait to see you all!